VALENTINE'S DAY STORM
A Special Weather Statement is already in effect for Newfoundland in regards to our next Storm which will track in on Friday, with some Weather love for Valentines Day.
Snow will spread across the Island on Friday morning, with a fairly quick change to Rain expected as warm air spreads into Southeastern sections, before eventually spreading into Central Newfoundland as well.
The Northwest half of the Island may also see some rain or drizzle mixing in, however not before what looks to be a significant shot of Snowfall.
Southeastern Labrador looks set to see all Snow.
WINDS will be a big story with this system with Gusts 100+ km/h currently looking set for much of Coastal Newfoundland on Friday. Some forecast models are projecting Gusts could exceed 120 km/h over Southern & Eastern Newfoundland.
I'll be watching this system closely over the next few days and will pass along more details & amounts as forecast models come into better agreement on exactly what we can expect.
Top News Headlines
- Ukraine crisis: Merkel, U.S. warn Putin of Crimea annexation
- President Vladimir Putin remains steadfast in Crimea seizure as U.S. warns Moscow that annexing the southern Ukrainian region would close the door to diplomacy in a tense East-West standoff. more »
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany wins
- Canada's movie and TV industries are in the spotlight tonight at the annual Canadian Screen Awards gala in Toronto. more »
- 'West is best' on job creation, economists agree
- The latest employment data for February showed that the Alberta created an impressive 18,800 jobs while in the rest of the country overall employment fell, and that trend is unlikely to slow down any time soon. more »
- Lake Louise avalanche victims didn't have proper gear
- Police say none of the five people caught in an avalanche near Lake Louise Saturday had proper safety gear. more »