VALENTINE'S DAY STORM
A Special Weather Statement is already in effect for Newfoundland in regards to our next Storm which will track in on Friday, with some Weather love for Valentines Day.
Snow will spread across the Island on Friday morning, with a fairly quick change to Rain expected as warm air spreads into Southeastern sections, before eventually spreading into Central Newfoundland as well.
The Northwest half of the Island may also see some rain or drizzle mixing in, however not before what looks to be a significant shot of Snowfall.
Southeastern Labrador looks set to see all Snow.
WINDS will be a big story with this system with Gusts 100+ km/h currently looking set for much of Coastal Newfoundland on Friday. Some forecast models are projecting Gusts could exceed 120 km/h over Southern & Eastern Newfoundland.
I'll be watching this system closely over the next few days and will pass along more details & amounts as forecast models come into better agreement on exactly what we can expect.
Top News Headlines
- Mount Everest avalanche: Sherpas hold walkout at base camp
- Nepalese authorities were meeting with Sherpa mountain guides Tuesday in an attempt to avert a climbing strike after the deadliest avalanche ever recorded on Mount Everest killed at least 13 of the guides. more »
- South Korea ferry: Identified deaths climb to 146
- The grim work of recovering bodies from the submerged South Korea ferry proceeded rapidly Wednesday, with the official death toll reaching 146, though a government official said divers must now rip through cabin walls to retrieve more victims. more »
- Kenzie Markey, injured skydiving in Arizona, comes home to B.C.
- Kenzie Markey's landed at the Vancouver airport Tuesday night and with daylight fading was loaded in a stretcher onto a waiting ambulance for transport to Lionsgate Hospital in North Vancouver, B.C. more »
- B.C. car dealers may be violating drivers' privacy, claims whistleblower
- A whistleblower in the auto sales industry says car dealers may be violating customers' privacy rights when they scan licences of propective buyers before they take a test drive. more »