ACTIVE START TO THE WEEK
I hope you enjoyed the hockey game this morning. What a great finish, to what's been a great games for Canada! Don't forget, with the Olympics coming to a close, Here & Now returns to it's regular time slot on Monday of 5:30-7:00 NT.
We have also some active weather making a return to NL tomorrow. Another messy mix of Snow, Freezing Rain & Rain looks set for Metro & the Avalon. Snow is set to begin Monday morning along the South Coast as the warm front sweeps in, before spreading North into Metro, Clarenville & Bonavista late morning and then up the Northeast Coast and into Central during the afternoon. Winds shift to Southwest and temps will rise in behind the front and we'll see Snow changing to Rain & Drizzle (with some freezing rain in between) along the Southern Avalon & Southern Burin in the early afternoon and a transition for Metro & Northern Avalon during drive home time.
HOW MUCH SNOW?
Ahhh... the million dollar question. This is a tricky forecast as the Low will actually be developing through the day on Monday as it approaches. Forecast models have really been shuffling over the past few days and there's still some disagreement this evening. With that said, it appears Metro, the Avalon & much of the Burin Peninsula should pickup anywhere from 3-8 cm, before that transition to Rain on Monday afternoon. Along & just West of the track, Conniagre, Clarenville, Bonavista, Terra Nova & Central Newfoundland could pick up 10-15+ cm of Snow through Monday night.
Be sure to check back here on the blog Monday morning. I'll be up with a coffee in hand, checking the overnight model runs and will pass along the latest updates.
Enjoy your Sunday Evening!
Top News Headlines
- Ukraine crisis takes anti-West sentiment to streets of Moscow
- Does he even want to? Despite the international agreement to de-escalate tensions over Ukraine, anti-Western sentiment seems to be growing on the streets of Moscow. more »
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88 today, and while the long-serving monarch is slowing down, she remains a significant diplomatic force. more »
- No sign of missing $26K scotch a year after LCBO theft
- A year has passed since someone absconded with a pricey bottle of Glenfiddich scotch from a liquor store in downtown Toronto, though it appears police have been unable to find the culprit. more »
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- A 16-year-old boy stowed away in the wheel well of a flight from California to Hawaii, surviving the trip halfway across the Pacific Ocean unharmed despite frigid temperatures at 11,500 metres and a lack of oxygen, FBI and airline officials said. more »