MONDAY RUNDOWN: BUSY WEEK AHEAD
-Early Week Rain & Wind: A system rolling in from the West is set to bring Rain & Wind into Labrador & then Western Newfoundland today and into tonight. Rainfall Warnings are in effect for the Southwest Coast from Port aux Basques to Burgeo & Ramea with 50-70 mm of rain set beginning tonight and continuing through the day Tuesday. Up the West Coast from Stephenville, Corner Brook, Deer Lake, the Baie Verte and Northern Peninsula's 15-30 mm looks set by Tuesday evening, with locally heavier amounts in the Straits. The rest of Labrador is looking at 5-10 mm. Showers edge into Central, Tuesday and Tuesday night with 5-10 mm possible by Wednesday morning.
-We also have a Wreckhouse Wind Warning in effect for today & tonight with gusts 120-140 km/h possible!!! Elsewhere, across Southern Labrador and Western Newfoundland the front will bring gusts to 60-70 km/h, except gusts 80-90 right along the West Coast tonight and through Tuesday morning.
Environment Canada's list of warnings here.
Top News Headlines
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- After an Easter morning shootout at a checkpoint manned by pro-Russia insurgents in eastern Ukraine, Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a statement blaming militant Ukrainian nationalists while the Ukraine Security Service said the attack was staged by provocateurs from outside the country. more »
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- The RCMP is making it simpler to release officers with serious medical problems, prompting fears that many ill members will be sent packing without due process or the means to fight their dismissal. more »
- Search ends for missing on Everest, some Sherpas call for shutdown
- Rescuers have given up searching for three Sherpa guides missing two days after the deadliest ever accident on Nepal's Mount Everest killed at least 13 and shocked the mountaineering world. more »
- Queen Elizabeth II releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- The queen will celebrate her birthday privately Monday, but will hold her annual public celebration in June more »
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Easter and Christmas are both Christian holidays, but while families always gather on Dec. 25 in the winter, the annual spring celebration can change drastically each year on our calendars. more »