MONDAY RUNDOWN: BUSY WEEK AHEAD
-Early Week Rain & Wind: A system rolling in from the West is set to bring Rain & Wind into Labrador & then Western Newfoundland today and into tonight. Rainfall Warnings are in effect for the Southwest Coast from Port aux Basques to Burgeo & Ramea with 50-70 mm of rain set beginning tonight and continuing through the day Tuesday. Up the West Coast from Stephenville, Corner Brook, Deer Lake, the Baie Verte and Northern Peninsula's 15-30 mm looks set by Tuesday evening, with locally heavier amounts in the Straits. The rest of Labrador is looking at 5-10 mm. Showers edge into Central, Tuesday and Tuesday night with 5-10 mm possible by Wednesday morning.
-We also have a Wreckhouse Wind Warning in effect for today & tonight with gusts 120-140 km/h possible!!! Elsewhere, across Southern Labrador and Western Newfoundland the front will bring gusts to 60-70 km/h, except gusts 80-90 right along the West Coast tonight and through Tuesday morning.
Environment Canada's list of warnings here.
Top News Headlines
- Malaysia Airlines jet search widens as stolen passports probed
- Authorities questioned travel agents Monday at a beach resort in Thailand about two men who boarded the vanished Malaysia Airlines plane with stolen passports, part of a growing international investigation into what they were doing on the flight. more »
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- George Stroumboulopoulos said it will be a "dream" to anchor next season's Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts when Rogers takes control of Canada's NHL broadcasting rights more »
- Months-long moving saga ends happily for Canadian couple
- Two people who said their furniture was held as ransom by a moving company have been reunited with their belongings — more than six months after a move to Ontario from Nova Scotia. more »
- Rich Peverley collapses on bench during game vs. Blue Jackets
- Stars centre Rich Peverley has been hospitalized after collapsing on the bench during the game between Dallas and the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday. more »
- Colorado gets high on pot revenue, marijuana tourists
- The pushers are out, the pot entrepreneurs are in, and so are the marijuana-infused bath salts. Welcome to the great Colorado experiment in legalized pot. more »