CHA-CHA-CHA TIME: THE FORECAST MODEL SHUFFLE CONTINUES
It's that time of year again! The Christmas lights are up and the forecast models are doing the cha-cha-cha! Haha.
Just a quick update on the Storm setup for late Sunday and into Monday across the Island. Forecast models are still kicking the system off the Coast of the U.S. early Sunday morning and have it quickly intensifying as it rolls Northeastward through the day. The expected arrival time is more clear today, with 'Snow time' likely set for Sunday evening, night & into Monday morning.
But of course... it's all about the track. As expected, we're still seeing some shuffling with the forecast models on the exact track of the low. Over the past 24-36 hours we've seen track projections ranging from right over the Avalon, to a track so far South that we would only see light Snow on the Avalon and of course, everything in between. The Storm is still 3 days out and with the low not even set to develop until tomorrow, I'm fully expecting the track will continue to shuffle. Even after the low takes shape Friday into Saturday this will be 'interesting' Storm to forecast. A track difference of only 150-200 km could mean the difference between 5 cm of Snow... and 20-30+ cm in your backyard. Either way, this Storm will certainly be bringing a solid shot of Snow & Gusty Northeast Winds wrapping into our region for Sunday night into Monday. The big question is where exactly it tracks. Stay tuned for updates!
Top News Headlines
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- After an Easter morning shootout at a checkpoint manned by pro-Russia insurgents in eastern Ukraine, Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a statement blaming militant Ukrainian nationalists while the Ukraine Security Service said the attack was staged by provocateurs from outside the country. more »
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- The RCMP is making it simpler to release officers with serious medical problems, prompting fears that many ill members will be sent packing without due process or the means to fight their dismissal. more »
- Search ends for missing on Everest, some Sherpas call for shutdown
- Rescuers have given up searching for three Sherpa guides missing two days after the deadliest ever accident on Nepal's Mount Everest killed at least 13 and shocked the mountaineering world. more »
- Queen Elizabeth II releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- The queen will celebrate her birthday privately Monday, but will hold her annual public celebration in June more »
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Easter and Christmas are both Christian holidays, but while families always gather on Dec. 25 in the winter, the annual spring celebration can change drastically each year on our calendars. more »